Converting my solar power to an all in one setup



I have been working on a portable setup utilizing a protion of my 12v battery bank.  I tested the Giandel 1200 watt inverter and could not run even my 5,000 btu Frigidaire AC unit which runs fine on my Giandel 2200 watt inverter and that led me to looking for a bigger inverter to use in my portable setup.  

As I was looking for the larger inverters I came to the conclusion that for the price and what is offered I might as well go with an all in one for the home setup and just use my current inverter for the portable config.   

For the new approach I want to get more daily use out of my solar power and so I am leaning towards a sub panel (as opposed to drilling through my exterior walls and adding outlets fed by romex …) feeding some of the items I run on a consistent basis (baring the main AC unit and the washer and dryer) and also give me a cleaner and more functional setup for future power loss and disaster situations. I will be increasing the inverter capability to allow for the new loads and will be moving to a 24v system to handle the 3000 watt inverting more efficiently.
I am leaning towards incorporating the MOES switch into this just to allow for easy removal of all the other solar componenets without any rewiring needed.



Home system - 24 volt


This system will run on 24 volts to handle the 3,000 watt loads more eficiently and at lower cost cable. This all in one inverter will also allow me to add a lot more solar panels to handle more every day loads in the home.



Portable system - 12 volt


This system will remain at 12 volts to allow maximum flexibilty on the battery bank - from 1 12v 100ah to 3 or even 4 if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment