100ah vs 200ah battery

 

Looking back I wish I had gone with two 100ah batteries instead of the single l 200ah I selected.  While I have no issues with the battery performance I now see the lack of flexibility in my choice. 

Here are some of the benefits of having two smaller batteries:

  • I could have put them in series to make a 24v system 
  • I could have added two more to create a 48v system 
    • Much smaller footprint than 4 200ah batteries 
    • Almost half the cost of 4 200ah batteries 
  • I could have added Just one more for 300ah at 12v (1/2 the cost of one more 200ah)
We all make our choices based on our needs but I think I have limited myself with this path.  I am going to add another 2 100ah batteries to my setup and will parallel them into my current config but had I gone with the smaller batteries at the start I could have simply added them into one large evenly charged battery.



Here is the battery I am going with for the additional watts I want


Here is the battery I currently use and again I have no complaints on this battery ... just now want more flexibility.


Here is an overview of my entire solar setup and the components I use



No comments:

Post a Comment