DIY installation of Lowe’s clear hurricane shutters

 



Hurricane Ian really inflicted heavy damage on my home and my property.  Much of the water intrusion I had to deal with came from my roof which had to be replaced after Ian, but a very significant amount of water came through the windows. Many of my windows are large picture style with a few frames within the window. Every point of egress and every place where to sections of a window were joined leaked huge amounts of water. This combined with the roof resulted in me having to replace all the floors in my home and much of the drywall (to remove the mold which was devastating to my health). 

Lowes has a product I found perfect for my needs. I don’t want to have the look of accordions or the darkness when they are closed. I don’t want the hurricane windows which have to be replaced when impact damage occurs but I did want the brightness and ability to see some of what is happening during the storm.  The lowe’s 4x8 clear hurricane panel from reliabilt is perfect for my needs.  Using the hardware below I am able to take down these shutters during non Hurricane months and the house looks much the same as it did before the shutters. 

Hardware for the instal



Tools required

No comments:

Post a Comment