Using MOES transfer switch and my solar setup to provide shore power



I just added the SirenMarine security system to my boat (gives: geo fence for location and anchor slip, high water, entry doors and more) which requires a direct connection to the batteries - it also gives me battery voltage. SirenMArine is a fantastic security and monitoriing system which inky costs $17.49 per month and gives amazing peace of mind but for me this means the need to keep the batteries charged on shore power - this is where my solar setup comes in. 
 
I have four 100ah batteries feeding a 2200w inverter and recharged by just a single 240w solar panel, here is the video of the full setup.  In this situation I will use my solar setup to provide solar power to the boat until the batteries are down to 70% and then I will cut back over to the power company.  The MOES transfer switch is perfect for this job as it seamlessly transfers power back to the utility company based on parameters I set - it’s perfect for items that require constant power but can use solar when it’s available.
 
  

All the monitoring information and system usage data in the video is provided by the Victron Cerbo GX which is an amazing component of any solar setup.



No comments:

Post a Comment