Solar pool heater for 300 dollars DIY

 





I really like the concept of reusable energy and solar pool heaters are effective if you have enough sunlight.  I hate the idea of having anything mounted on my roof making holes in what is intended to be a waterproof barrier and also anything up there is not easily accessed and inspected or repaired.  The idea of the added weight of water up there and where it would go in the event of a leak also provided incentive for me to find a better location. 

I bought this house in 2019 and the pool has the perfect setup for a solar heater where I can easily install it and easily access it and in the process it provided the perfect control for weeds that I used to constantly battle. 



Here is how I setup my heater

My Setup




Components used

Component List


No comments:

Post a Comment