Emergency battery back up power after Hurricane Ian - install the AC and run off batteries



While my neighbors are scrambling to buy gasoline for their generators (once again there is none available just as there was for Hurricane Vilma) I can remain very comfortable in the one room of the house I have setup for this purpose.

I can sleep in silence, only broken by the sound of the 5,000 btu AC when it runs (around every 25 minutes) but the sound of a small AC is nothing compared to the drone of dangerous gas generator my poor neighbors are trying to sleep through.

This approach is the way to go for power backup and emergency.

I also have a 12v fridge to keep essentials fresh and drinks cold.  https://bestfavoritesbestof.blogspot.com/2022/10/emergency-set-up-for-back-up-power.html

Here is how I have setup the batteries to keep everything running during this power outage.  https://bestfavoritesbestof.blogspot.com/2022/10/emergency-set-up-for-back-up-power.html







No comments:

Post a Comment