Victron Orion smart 12/12 volt charger to connect to any other battery bank


I use this to connect my inverter battery bank and it’s solar panel to another battery bank.

At home I have another battery bank dedicated to 12 volt loads and I use this to get the excess and what would have otherwise been wasted solar power to charge this bank.

On the boat I hate to modify my house bank and change the factory wiring so I can keep the boat in a more original state (helps for resale).  This also allows me to move my inverter and solar to the next boat with very minimal impact to the original boat setup.  The only things I need to connect is the two wires from the Orion output and then the second battery monitor from the cerbo gx to allow me to monitor the state of charge of the house bank. 

The Orion is perfect for this, here is the version I am using





No comments:

Post a Comment